Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weekly Roundup of Minor Leafs News



“Weekly roundup of Minor Leafs news” is what I have decided to start as a little feature here at TML Nation. Yes I know it’s a Tuesday and this doesn’t make any sense at all, but I am still going ahead with it. Although I will be doing this feature on Sundays only from here on in. This will basically consist of news that perhaps is not worthy of getting a full article on itself but good enough for a paragraph in this feature.

I hope you guys enjoy this as I will be giving my opinion on these little news stories as well.

First up is a little story about Nazem Kadri and how his dentist decided that the wisdom tooth comes before hockey. Therefore Nazem will not be playing in the Euro Can Cup this year due to his wisdom being snatched from him. I don’t think Nazem would really be missing much by skipping this year’s Euro Can Cup and thus perhaps it’s good he sits out. Also, hopefully tooth decay doesn’t become a permanent fixture otherwise the Toronto media might not be so pleased.

Another little snippet on Nazem Kadri as Brian Burke told the media that Nazdaq will certainly be lacing up the skates in one of the first two exhibition games the Leafs will play this year. Hopefully Nazem can pot in a hat trick and show Burke what he’s missing out on. There will be a lot of pressure on the young man to perform right away and we should ease up on him if he doesn’t do much in the first game. I don’t think he’s that kind of player who can make the jump into the NHL right away, he needs to be eased in slowly and methodically.

A lot of stuff has been said about the Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan buying more of the MLSEL and thus supposedly making us worse. I don’t think they are exactly the ones that should be blamed for how woeful the Leafs have played over the years and especially the past 4 years. After all these guys teach the kids of Ontario so let’s all ease up on the nerds. There are many other aspects of the Toronto Maple Leafs that you can blame such as the actual players, coaches and General Managers. Although you have my go ahead to do whatever you like with Richard Peddie.

Komisarek seems all set to play for our rivals USA as he’s considered to be a certain pick for the final team. I think that’s the right move as he’s a good defender to have in the backend and clearly Burke values him a lot cause he just picked him up for the Leafs as well. It’ll be interesting how much hurt Komi lays out at the world level, I think he will be handing out big bruises and broken bones about every time he steps out on the ice... I might be underestimating him.

That’s all for this week and I hope you enjoyed this feature. As you can see Nazem’s dental history wasn’t really worth making an whole article on neither was his chance to play in the first exhibition game. Although the Teachers’ invasion on the Maple Leafs is certainly something to be concerned about it’s still not good enough for me. Komisarek was close to getting his own article as I was afraid for my family’s well being, I have unfortunately taken the risk...don’t worry about me if I don’t post for the next few weeks as I will be lying in the hospital from a Komisarek forecheck.

In all seriousness this was fun to do and I would like to see more comments from you guys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Text Widget