Sunday, August 23, 2009

Kessel Rumours Again?


There have been a lot of rumours spreading around saying that we are back in the hunt for Phil Kessel. I think it’s pure rubbish and I just don’t see it happening after the little miscommunication that went on between Burke and Chiarelli at the draft. There was a huge chance that a deal would have been made back then but after the mishap I just don’t see these two getting together to talk about Kessel again.

There is no doubt in anyones mind that Kessel would help our team immensely and would probably make our team extremely good. This is the only reason that would attract Brian Burke to Phil Kessel. I don’t see the problem being from Burke’s end but the reason this deal will not happen is the fact that Chiarelli won’t be willing to deal with Burke anymore on this player at least. Of course if Burke blows his socks off then he will have a deal, otherwise Burke will have to look elsewhere for his top six forward.

Rumours likes these are always spread around to create some excitement especially in Canadian cities where even the slightest of rumours will become national news in a few seconds. This rumour has just lost steam in my eyes and they are basically clutching at straws by drawing up this rumour out of thin air. I hope common sense prevails and people making the rumours stop with this nonsense which is entirely improbable. If I am proven to be wrong then shame on me but I don’t even see them discussing Kessel in trade talks let alone thinking of dealing him.

Also, recently Phil Kessel was asked about the rumours and he clearly seemed a little agitated by all this trade talk surrounding him. It would certainly help to see what his demands are before I label someone the bad guy but right now I think Kessel is in a poor position and Chiarelli is trying to see how the waiting game plays out. The Leafs certainly can’t be the only team interested in trading with the Briuns for Kessel, and this will most definitely factor in the final decision from Peter Chiarelli. I wish Kessel the best with whatever happens cause he sure is a fine player to watch even if he plays for the Bruins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Text Widget