Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Acton won the Lottery (ROFL)


Leafs news is so rare these days that we are having major newspapers start to write about things such as Chelios asking for a job, countdown to the first preseason game and today the fact that Acton won the lottery and is $98585 richer. I assure you that when I am thinking of topics to write personal lives of players are never an option as this is not gossip land. Although once the news is out what can I do as it was this time with Acton.

Since I didn’t have much to write about today I will write what may end up being one of the worst pieces in the history of Leafs blogging... not Hockey blogging cause no one can outdue the anonymous liar Eklund and his wild imagination. If he got his way we would have traded Kaberle for every single player in the league ...twice. This is not going to be a rant on Eklund so stop drooling, this is not your lucky day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly I will be looking at the significance of Keith Acton winning the lottery. As you can see Burke is smart and he knows the value of Acton and his luck. Unfortunately his luck didn’t pay dividends in the past years for the Leafs but perhaps they will this time. If the Leafs don’t win just with his luck then at least they will have some lucky hands to go out into the world and buy them all some winning lottery tickets. Ever noticed that many times the guys who win the lottery tickets are already making enough money that the win becomes insignificant to their bank balance.

I didn’t get to pay my tribute to Ted Kennedy and would like to do that in this little paragraph. I didn’t get to see him cause I was still in the heavens somewhere plotting my entry into this world. You can tell though that he was quite the leader and one the Leafs would love to have right now in the team. The way he influenced people who watched him seems extraordinary and he certainly was a good player as well to boot. It’s sad to see a member of Leafs lose his life but he will always be remembered even by those that were unfortunate to not see him play when the Leafs were actually decent. We will miss you Ted no doubt about it.

Did Anyone see those new jerseys for Team Canada? Not exactly the best designing job but who cares cause they’ll sell anyways. I know I will be buying one not sure who’s name I would like to have on the back of it. Perhaps Iginla cause he’s a great player to watch and does everything a captain should be doing. Don’t suggest Crosby cause I don’t like him.. I like Ovechkin. Yes, I know who whole “he went to two finals, won one...what has Ovechkin done? “ . Who cares? I like Ovechkin.

If you actually read this then you truly are bored, cause I don’t know how I’ve written this piece but I guess through this little article I got to share my views on a few topics. Hopefully my next article will be a little better and of higher quality compared to this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the jersey......Heatley........Just Kiddin. Hows about Nash or Eric Staal.

master said...

I would consider a Nash jersey... although he disappointed me with the new contract extension. Staal is not exactly one of my favourites, although he's a great player.

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Text Widget